Wednesday, May 26, 2010

So What If I Can't Make a Dress!!

I had this great plan to make a dress from this great black and white fabric that I always use, but I got so frustrated with the pattern (I hate patterns!) that the bodice of the dress ended up being too small.So the dress was no made, but out of that fabric came....

This skirt. I also made that flower from some left over grosgain ribbon I had. I hot glued gun a little pin on the back and voila!

See?

And this little zippered pouch. I love the combo of black, white and red. This was my first time sewing in a zipper.


And this tote bag. This was actually made from the bodice of that dress I was going to make.

This ribbon flower is special to me. I made it from the ribbon that held my wedding bouquet together. I saved that wonderful wide ribbon hoping that someday I could use it. Seven years later I found that someday!

3 comments:

Stacey at Giggles and Glue Sticks said...

Very cute! Nice job!!

So what craft project are we going to do in June?

Anonymous said...

That looks great baby! Watch out Martha Stewart! Everyone has something and I believe you have found yours

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking I should have "let" you get my measurements when I was there!!! haha, in all seriousness VERY CUTE!!!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6