Thursday, May 20, 2010

Young Childrens' World

Kate's last day of school is today. To talk about her experience this year with YCW ususally reduces me to happy tears. Her experience there has been so positive and happy. She loves going to her little school and feels so comfortable there. Her teachers were absolutely outstanding. They handled Kate's broken leg with such grace and it allowed her to never miss a beat. I am SO thankful for her experience. And I feel so blessed that she gets to attend and that I get to drop her off and pick her up everyday. What a priviledge and blessing that I never take for granted. On Monday night they had a little school program and even though she was on the stage for a little under 5 minutes, Jared and I both agreed that we have never been so proud. At first she was a little stunned with all of the people in the audience and stood there with her mouth wide open. :) But she soon kicked into gear and the motions and some words came back to her. I recognized the songs that she had been singing around the house. I just thank God so much that He provides these opportunities for Kate. I can't wait to send Carson there next year so that he can start his own memories.
A determined little performer if there ever was one!

Every morning when I get Kate ready for school, we go over who she is going to see that day. After her teachers names she always says, "Joel." And who does she walk up on stage with? Joel!



I really do wish that I had taken better pictures of her on stage. In my excitement I covered the lens with my finger on half of them! (Amateur photog!)I was so sad but I still got some good ones.



I snapped this picture as she was walking out. They walked in and out to "You are my Sunshine." She was so proud of herself.



There's that Joel again!


0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6