Sunday, July 18, 2010

Because I Don't Want to Forget........

Just some things that the kids have been saying and doing lately. I love that this blog is our scrapbook. A memory book that can last forever. I don't know if it will actually happen but I sometimes think that Carson and Kate will look back at this blog and may be have a glimpse at what life was like when they were  little ones. A look in to what their Mommy was thinking and feeling during this time. I know I always wondered. And my Mom could relay a lot of stories but to see it in pictures  and stories will be invaluable.....to me at least. ;) Some happenings lately........

- When we are in the car a song will come on and I will hear her little voice from the back seat say, "Mommy?" Me: "Yes Kate?" K: "Do you like this song?" Me:"Yes Kate, I like this song very much. " K:"I like this song to."

- Last week I was rocking Carson a little before bedtime and Kate was puttering around the room when she crawled into my lap. Her head was on my chest and Carson's head was on my right shoulder and then Kate reaches her little hand over to rest on Carson's back. One of the most precious moments of my life.

- Last week Kate hit my nose on accident. What did she say? "Sorry boogers!"

- Carson has the most thankful heart. Every time he is given something (or even when he's not) he pipes up with "thank you!" and he will say thank you! over and over again UNTIL you say, "You're welcome!" Once you say "You're welcome!" he feels like he can go about his day.

- When we were at the Dr's office last week Carson took my phone which I had told him he could not have. He kept saying, "Thank you!" but I wouldn't say "You're welcome." so he would not play with it. He was sad because he did not get the "You're welcome." go ahead

- Kate is teaching Carson everyday although I told her that we would have to work on her pronounciation before she started teaching him words. As she showed him a picture of a lion last week and emphatically told him, "Carson! WI-ON!"

- As I was trying a dress on Kate last week she kept saying "too small Mommy!" before I even put it over her head. She was right.

- Before her nap and bedtime Kate and I burrow under the covers in our bed for 10 minutes. It's our special time to sing and talk. I cherish it.

More to come as I think of them.

0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6