Monday, July 19, 2010

Chaos and Contentment

I got this sweet cuddling experience last week. So glad that Jared was able to have it also. He had just come home from work. You can see the exhaustion in his eyes. Even when he's smiling. On Tuesday night we went on a date night! Woo hoo! Clash of the Titans was at the $1.00 theater so it fit into our budget. ;)Love this picture of our boy sleeping. Ankles crossed as always. Even in the womb. :)Usually I cook recipes that require minimal time. But Thursday night I went all out and really took the time and chose a long recipe. With lots of ingredients as you can see above. It was a journey but the destination was Buffalo chicken mac and cheese. By far the best mac and cheese I have ever tasted. So worth the time and effort!As a cheese lover this is my idea of heaven on earth!This is my favorite time of day. Right before it becomes dark. When that last bit of day light is being crowded out by night. I call it the "gloaming." And there is a beautiful Irish song about it. Jared and I used to play golf after work pre baby days. And we would play until this point in the day. I always thought it was so beautiful. When you take a picture at this point in the day (I think it is a 30-40 minute window) your camera will always catch this lovely shade of blue. I love this picture looking into our kicthen. You can see the blue light bouncing off of the doors. So peaceful to me. Just for me! I picked up this cute little border print in the clearance bin at Hob Lob. Just a simple elastic skirt but for a girl that wears neutrals like a uniform I was branching out with these bright colors. And that hot pink sash? What a daredevil!That's my kids in a nutshell lately. They are always searching for something. I think they were looking for a ball!I call this one "Girly Gilligan." This girl loves hats. We got this for her when she was 6 months old to wear at the pool. She STILL wears it and it still looks as cute as ever if I do say so. Can you believe the doc was worried about this boy's weight when I took him for his 18 month well visit? At 21 lbs he is in the 25th percentile for his age but sheesh look at those legs!!! I'm so NOT worried!What did parents do before swim diapers?!!?! Check out the side view of Carson's diap after he sat in the plastic baby pool. Good grief! Now that's a load of water!Check out the reflection (if you can see past the fingerprints!) Had to get that 10 lb diaper off!Check on the garden. Lovely and tame 45 days ago. And the garden now. Watermelon and pumpkin vines threatening to overrun our back yard. I told Jared it was like a bad B movie. When Vines Attack!!!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

loved the update - very cute pics. love the new blog look too!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVED the naked butt reflection!!! And, way to go on the skirt! I need your drive to become daring and try to sew something! Even if I just make skirts and add fun stuff to boring old shirts that I can wear to work.....hmmmm, with as nice as it sounds I doubt it'll happen!! haha

Hope all is well with you and your Gowens bunch!!! Sending love and prayers!

Shavonne

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6