Friday, July 9, 2010

Ironically Made During Nap Time

So I realize that the kids preschool doesn't start for awhile but it occurred to me that Carson J didn't have a nap mat. And considering the fact that I bought Kate's nap mat ONE day before school started last year I thought I would get a bit of a jump on Carson's mat since being a 2nd kid he naturally gets the raw end of the deal. And to up the ante  I decided to make one for him.I found this great tutorial and wouldn't you know it? By the end of his nap time I had made him a nap mat. He was pleased as punch that I actually made something for HIM. I mean let's face it, girls are more fun to sew for, but I had a blast putting this together for my boy. He picked out the fabric himself (good choice eh?) This is a premium nap mat. It's got 2 inches of padding and the fabric is a soft flannel. Oh and did I mention that it has a built in pillow and and a soft minky blanket? Hello! I am currently researching how to make a Mommy version of this nap mat.;) And he looked so cute all covered up when he gave it a test run.When we started up the stairs for bed tonight he started dragging it towards the stairs. Now that's a compliment!

 
It even has its own carrying strap!

I know what you're thinking. Could he be any cuter??I mean, I think he likes it. I just can't tell! :)Before long Kate started getting in on it and pushed Carson right out.  I hadn't really planned to make her one since I bought her one last year. But she loved it so much. And then we went to Hobby Lobby and saw this on sale.....And then I saw this sweet little print and well....twist my arm. Miss Kate will get one to!

2 comments:

Stacey at Giggles and Glue Sticks said...

Adorable!!! So very talented, friend, so very talented!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!!! Oh and if you figure out how to make the "adult" version let me know, I'll send fabric! I'm sure my principal wouldn't mind walking into my classroom as a lay in front of the class asleep in one of these! haha, great job!!!

Sending love and prayers,
Shavonne

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6