Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Latest of the Greatest


I thought that getting Kate an exersaucer/jumper thing was brilliant because she loves to stand and she loves playing with her toys on her Einstein play mat. I guess it will be pretty awesome when her feet touch the ground and she stops leaning so far forward!





I put this stuffed dog down while we were playing and she scooted back until it became her pillow. It was very cute because she was putting both hands on either side of it as if to say, "Ah, this is the life!"



I used to have long eyelashes like this before I got pregnant. I guess I gave them to Kate!




Ever since we put that video of her rolling over on the blog she doesn't seem interested in doing it anymore. It's almost as if she is saying, "Been there done that, now what's next?"




This is what I call her big girl pictures. I have been taking these pictures of her sitting up in this chair since she was 5 weeks old. Now she is 20 weeks old. It gives me a good gauge of how much she is growing. She always seems to want to show off in this chair.



There are two necessary pieces of baby gear if you are going to hang out with Kate, a good sturdy burp cloth and a bib. This girl is a spitter and a spitter upper! I laid this burp cloth in the corner of her play mat when I put her down to play. When I went back to check on her she was wearing it like this, as a fashionable turban. What a trendsetter!




Ok, we have not encouraged this, but neither have we discouraged it. I think it is so incredibly cute. I know it won't be so cute when she's 15, but for now I'm ok with it. It's kind of funny, everytime I have tried to take a picture of her doing it while she's awake she'll take her thumb out real quick like she doesn't want to be caught!

4 comments:

GriffinSisters said...

Hi Betsy
Love these new pics. You are so good to keep us updated.Kate is growing up so fast.The rug you made her is beautiful. I had not seen it since you got it finished.Love it!Kate's new headdress it really cute too.I know you will be glad to have Jared back home with ya'll.Thanks for sharing him. Love, Maw

Carolyn said...

Wow - great pics. That is some pretty fancy work-out/exercise apparatus! What a sweet little girl!

Like I have told you before....love the thumb sucking - too cute!

And of course she is all about fashion! Such a pretty girl.

Love you - thanks for doing so well at keeping up your blog. Now it is my turn to update - has been awhile. Crazy days in this place but all may slow down this week!

Love you bunches.

Anonymous said...

Hi Betsy, Jared & Kate,
Wow, I wish my gym had a exer-saucer like that for me! Pretty schmancy missy! Aren't the new Einstein toys cool? I love the way Kate has accessorized her outfit with the hat. . . has she been watching, "What Not To Wear?"
No need for Carmindy or Nick Orojo to fix her hair and makeup- She's a natural beauty and needs no improvement!

Tell our sweetie that I've hung out the hammock in the backyard, and I'm just waiting for her to come for a ride with me. We can look up at the tree and watch the birds and squirrels while we listen to them chatter at my puppy-dogs. I know she would love it! And of course, Mom & Dad should come too, LOL!

Love,
Auntie Tress

GriffinSisters said...

LOVE THE NEW PICS!!! I just want to grab that baby girl and kiss her!! She is adorable....love ya...kittie

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6