Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Sunshine Girl!



To My Darling Girl on her Second Birthday,

Sweet girl, you truly are my sunshine. You are just 2 years old and I am already so proud of who you are. You endear yourself to everyone you meet with your infectious smile and outgoing personality.
I have never seen the kind of confidence you have in someone so young. You love your little school and stride in there everytime like you own the place. I will always remember you sitting in that little chair at the school table with just a little look and wave for me. You seem to say "Go on Mom! I'll be fine! I know you'll come back!" How did you get to be that way? I admire you so.
You are so kind. You already know how to love. My day is made when I come to get you in the morning and you greet me with, "Hi Mommy!" and then when you see your brother "Hi Darson!" You have just begun to say," I love you" spontaneously and to me it is one of the sweetest sounds in the world. Sometimes when I am sitting on the floor you will come up to me and give me a hug or a kiss and I just want to freeze that moment forever.
You LOVE to sing. I hope that you will always love to sing. The alphabet song, the itsy bitsy spider, I love you,you love me (your favorite part is "a great big hug and a kiss from me to you!" whereby you grant anyone sitting nearby with a huge kiss), Wheels on the Bus (Up and down,up and down! UP AND DOWN!), Let's Go Fly a Kite (you have some words down but the tune is perfect!) and many more that your Daddy and I try to decipher so that we can sing along. But when you sing "Jesus Loves Me" my heart just melts and I pray that you will always have a heart for your heavenly Father. I already see it forming. Yesterday you were sitting with your Daddy and out of the blue I saw you fold your little hands and shut your eyes so tight and your lips moved as you said your sweet prayer. What a wonderful sight for a Mommy to witness!

Your other love is books! I think that you would give up all of your toys to play with if I told you that you could sit in my lap all day and read books. Your current favorites are "Goodnight Gorilla" "The Very Hungry Catepillar" "Just Like my Dad" and "Bless Me". You come from a long line of book worms (Mommy and Mimi. Plus your great grandfather owned a book store) so you will never be alone in that hobby.I hope that you will always love to read. It will serve you well in life.

You are testing boundaries right now, but I love to see your little face look at us with those big blue eyes before you do something you're not supposed to do and say "Yes?" and most times you are obedient to our correction. When you get in trouble for smacking Carson or pushing him out of the way (yes Mimi she does do that!) you have learned to go back to him and rub him on the head and say "Sowee Darson." That makes me very proud of you. You will learn later that that is a hard thing to do.

Oh my girl! I am constantly praying everyday that God will show me how to be the Mommy He wants me to be for you. Always remember that you are HIS first! I pray that I can teach you to be like the woman in Proverbs " Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting but a woman who loves the Lord is to be praised." My darling girl I am so proud to know you. Your Daddy's and Mommy' love for you has no limits. Happy 2nd Birthday to the sweetest girl in the world!

All My Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

You are a special girl - happy birthday from all of us. We love you and wish you lots of growth, giggles and fun this 2nd year of life :)

Courtney said...

A precious letter to a precious girl! Happy birthday, Kate!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6