Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Running Man

Have you ever been so proud of someone that you could burst? Or more accurately burst into tears? That's the way I felt when I saw Jared running towards us this morning as he ran his first ever half marathon. He looked so relaxed. Although later he admitted that he wasn't. :) We camped out on the 11th mile to cheer our Daddy on. When I saw him running towards us I was able to snap some good pictures. He stopped long enough to give me a kiss and then he was off to finish the race.His goal was to finish in under 2 hours. He finished in 2 hours and 33 SECONDS! I am convinced it was that kiss that gained him part of those 33 seconds. :)
I love this man. He sets out to do something and no matter what set backs he encounters he finishes what he sets out to do. He doesn't let his fear of the unknown hold him back. I have learned so much from this man of mine.

Kate wearing her heart's sentiments on her sleeve or posterboard if you will.


Carson loved watching of all the runners go by. "oooooh! Oh!" he would say

run run run

After Jared finished his race I basically tackled him with a big bear hug and then I remembered how I felt after I finished 13.1 miles. Bear hug is no bueno. I was able to restrain myself for this picture. I'm sure Jared was relieved.

We love our Daddy

Jared and his brother Blair dedicated this race to his Dad. So proud of both of them.

A sight for sore eyes. Kate was confused as to why her Daddy was running by on a street and then ran away from her. She cried when he left!

The running man himself

Look on the far right of this picture. It's so easy a caveman can do it!

0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6