Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Girl Can't Have Too Many Skirts

That's a good thing because I LOVE to make this skirt. I have already made 2 in the last 2 days and I'm pretty sure Kate has a lot more in her future. I love this website called MADE. I found this tutorial to make this market skirt HERE. This woman is a brilliant seamstress and her directions are so easy to follow. This skirt has so many possibilities. I think I am going to make one with pockets next. My sewing is evolving very slowly. I went from Kate running from me when I want her to try on something I made for her to this morning when I showed her her new yellow skirt and she exclaimed, "Pretty!" I think I am finally getting on the right sewing track!
The sunny lemon yellow seersucker version (cotton is a good choice but seersucker is awesome. It really moves nicely with this kind of skirt.)

Despite my little model's face this skirt did not make her cringe. In fact she wore it out on the town today!

The black and white gingham version

My little model is just too busy to stop and pose. Someday!

2 comments:

dana said...

Betsy,
Your skirts are darling!
And thank you for such a sweet comment on MADE. I'm so happy that my site is something you enjoy and it makes you want to sew. That makes me smile :)
Thanks for sharing your skirts with me. Have a great day!
- dana

Carolyn said...

Will you make me one? For me? I want one just like the yellow, but with a kind of sky blue color.

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6