Saturday, June 12, 2010

Let's Hear it for the Boy!

I am giving credit where credit is due. This whole post was inspired by the blog site MADE. If you think you have ANY inclination to sew or craft check her site out. This lady is amazing and her tutorials are so easy to follow. This site inspires the exclamation, "I think I could do that!"



Although it seems like I exclusively sew things for Kate, as of 2 days ago that is no longer the case. Carson is now the proud (doesn't he look proud?)wearer of a shirt that I made for him from one of his daddy's t-shirts.


It's called the 90 minute shirt As with anything that I make for the first time this was a true labor of love. The whole process lasted more than 4 hours! But I just couldn't go to bed until I saw how it turned out.
From this.......

To this




Not bad for the first time but I am definitely going to make some changes and try it again. I had to try my hand at some freezer paper stenciling and added a truck and then I used some rubber stamps to add his initials.


Until I get my embroidery machine (someday) these rubber stamps are pretty nifty subs.




I also couldn't resist trying another project for my boy. Carson has some onsies that look like this:

And no matter how many times I wash them, there are still faded stains. What do I do? I can't sell them, and I can't hand them down. But throw them away? It just doesn't seem right. Here's my answer. I came across this technique for DYEING them. Of course, I'm no fool. This time around I dyed them brown.


And now his onsies will live another day, week, month? Who knows with this boy! And I just couldn't resist stenciling a banana on one of them. After all this boy could eat his weight in bananas if we let him.

1 comments:

Courtney said...

You are so creative! Don't know how you do that along with everything else!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6