Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Our Master Bedroom Redo AKA I Have the Best Husband in the World!

Out of all of the rooms in our home we have left our master bedroom alone for a long time. I just couldn't think of anything inspiring to do with it and then I read THIS post about how this lady did faux board and batten in her son's room. After that I was inspired. My inspiration: Very clean lines, very white molding, and a beautiful peaceful blue. I love working with Jared on these projects because the minute I tell him my vision he sees my vision to and goes to work. And might I add, he takes this work very seriously! Although being a Southerner he went completely blank when I told him I wanted board and batten. I showed him a picture and then he went to work. He even put 4 can/recessed lights (my wish for years!) in our ceiling because we are very low in light in our room. He is handsome AND handy. :)I am pretty convinced after this project there is not much my husband CAN'T do! He really wowed me! And at the end of it all, we just sat on our bed and admired how much it has totally changed our room. It's very calming and peaceful now.Some future additions we will make when the money allows are crown molding at the top, a built in bookcase, and a chandelier where the fan is now. For now though, we are so content with our new room.


Black and White photos of our babies


At $11 each these changed the room dramatically




0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6