Thursday, June 10, 2010

What Does Jared Do At Work?


This is my husband after a 12 hour shift on the oil rig. He sent me this picture this morning. This picture makes me so proud. This picture also completely epitomizes his attitude about this job. From what I can tell he has a love/hate relationship with his job. The hate part is easy to see. The greuling hours, the heat,and especially the fact that he is away from us for 2 weeks out the month. But the love has really shown through in his stories. He loves the hard work, learning about the ins and outs of the business and sometimes he likes who he's working with (depending on their and his mood. :)) My husband is a hard worker. No matter if he is mowing the yard, working on a home remodeling project, or tripping pipe on a oil rig. He does it with everything he has (as evidenced in this picture.) I listen to every story that he brings home because it puts my heart that much closer to him. This week has been an especially tough shift. Tripping pipe is something that is very physically demanding and something they may do once every shift. Well, Jared and his crew have done it 3 times already! Luck of the draw. Tripping pipe involves pulling 90 feet of pipe out of the hole one section at a time. If you ever pass an oil rig and see long sections of pipe stacked next to each other you will know that those guys are "trippin'" It's very dangerous work. Two shifts ago Jared came home with a story that sent chills right through me. One of the guys on a rig about 30 miles from him was killed when he fell from a 90 foot platform on the rig. He forgot to lock himself into his safety harness. The guys on the rig said that it was his son's (he has 4 kids) birthday that day and he was sad that he was missing it. They just think his mind was somewhere else. Every night when I put the kids to bed we pray for Jared's safety and we pray that God will send him back to us safe and sound. I know that he read my blog when he's out in the field. So this post is for him. To let him know that "I am so proud of you and the work that you do to provide for our family."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is all worth it for you and my babies being with their mommy! Thank you baby!

Carolyn said...

Heck - he gets almost as dirty at work as my boys do at play!! :) Good job jared.

Carolyn said...

Heck - he gets almost as dirty at work as my boys do at play!! :) Good job jared.

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6