Wednesday, January 23, 2008

36 Weeks= 9 Months.........Where's Kate?????

To say that a woman is pregnant for 9 months is one of nature's screwier calculations. All told a woman is actually pregnant for 10 months! So to think that I am actually 9 months pregnant but still have 4 weeks to go is pretty hilarious. Actually, as 36 weeks flies past me I am very surprised and pleased to say I feel really good. I have been sleeping well and I still feel awesome. I am still swimming 2 times a week. Jared has joined me in the pool since his knee surgery so that has helped to motivate me even more. Next Thursday, the 31st I will go back to the Dr and hopefully we will start making plans and being a little more definite about when we will meet Kate. I am very excited to meet my little girl. From the 31st on I will be going every week until I deliver. I look forward to these appointments because I know that each one gets me closer to seeing Kate. I washed her clothes this week end and folded them in her drawer. I also packed her little bag with her little coming home outfit that we will take to the hospital. Here's a rookie Mom story for you. I was convinced that she didn't have enough onesies so Jared and I ran out to Target last Thursday night and bought 2 more packages of onesies so our little girl would not go naked in her 1st 3 months of life. When I went to do her laundry that night I discovered a big surprise. With out counting in the new onesies at Target Kate had 25 onesies already. That's a good lesson to learn.....Look at the closet before you go out and buy. Kate was already more than prepared!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Well, you never know - she might be a little spitter-upper and soak all of those quickly! I love onesies - they are my favorite baby thing!!!!

Tell me about her take-home outfit!

I am so excited for you!!

Love, Care

Erica and Cary said...

At least you have options!! :)

I can't wait to meet Kate either! I guess it'll be a little while, but maybe I'll just pop in while you're on maternity leave, ok!?!

Missing you,
Easy E

GriffinSisters said...

So glad you are feeling well. I think of you often and Brock and I have included you and Kate in our "night-night" prayers. I've loved all the pictures you've been posting. Just think, not much longer!!!
God Bless,
Shavonne

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6