Friday, January 25, 2008

Pictures for Mom and Care

Black and White Toile bag from my friend at work
The back of Kate's coming home outfit (notice the ruffles)

The front of Kate's outfit and the blanket we will be bringing her home in

I talked to my Mom for a long time on the phone tonight and I realized how much I really miss sharing this experience with her. My wonderful sister in law, Carolyn is in Mexico City. I have also missed her during this time in my life. Care and I talk on the phone for a long time and she gives me good mommy advice and tries to tell me not to worry about all of the myths out there. She has been through this 3 times and my Mom has been through this 4 times! These are 2 Moms that I admire so much! I wanted Care to see Kate's coming home outfit and I promised my Mom I would show her this bag someone made for my shower at work. Hopefully, if all goes well my Mom will get to see Kate's outfit in person. She plans to come on the 16th of February just in time (hopefully) for Kate to arrive. Care and her family are planning on coming in March. Until we can see each other again the wonderful blog will have to be the window in which I get to share this experience with them. I thank God for these wonderful women in my life!

1 comments:

Carolyn said...

Awww - thank you so much! I feel so honored!

Cute stuff. I love that you went the comfy route with the take home outfit. It is still so cute and yet comfy for her tiny litle body to go into - we have good memories of the length of time it took us to get Reecer into that car seat the first time. They are just so tiny and delicate and it helps, I think, to have them in something comfortable as you are doing all that maneuvering!

I am glad your Mom set a date to arrive - I hadn't heard that yet!

Have a great day. Ahhhhh - I am excited!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6