Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Gorgeous Baby Shower!!!!!!

Hostesses: l to r Gracie, Courtney, Meredith, Randi, Ashley, Hope (We missed you Taylor and Jodi!)
Group picture

My "oldest" friend Kim. We have known each other for over 10 years. She is so special to me!


My work pals, Kirsten and Erica. I love these girls!



Believe me! Those cupcakes were delicious AND beautiful!




This wreath was on Courtney's door. Appropriately Pink!





I loved opening all of the books for Kate. This is one of my favorites as a kid, The Very Hungry Caterpillar.






This is a quilt handmade by Jared's grandmother. Absolutely beautiful! I love it!







My friend Ashley gave us some monogrammed burp cloths. Too pretty to use!








My friend Kirsten gave Kate this very unique and beautiful butterfly bank

Sunday, January 13th was a very special day for Kate and I. It was the day of our church shower. The shower was given by my closest friends at church. They did such a beautiful job decorating and making the whole day so special! It was just so great to be able to visit with all of these friends and family members who mean so much to me and who will mean so much to Kate. We received a lot of goodies! Kate's bookshelf is also stocked now. Instead of bringing a card everyone was asked to bring their favorite childrens book. I loved this because it gave everyone a chance to show their personality by the book they picked. Everyone also wrote a note on the inside cover for Kate. Some books were given because ladies remembered reading them with their kids or they were favorite books as a child. Thank you so much to everyone for making our day special!







3 comments:

Kristen said...

I really enjoyed seeing you today and love to see how happy you are!

Carolyn said...

Bets - Looked like a special time. I still wish I had been able to be there. Know I love you and am thinking about you today.

Erica and Cary said...

I hate that they didn't have Who Pooped in the Park!! I'll get my hands on it soon. The Hungry Caterpillar is nice, but POOP is fun!! ;)

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6