Friday, January 16, 2009

Superman



Last night was Carson's shower. It was wonderful. The food was awesome. The conversation was hilarious. And to top it all off my friend Courtney prayed the most beautiful all encompassing prayer over our family. However I have no pictures from that night. So I took a picture of the invitation and I will let you imagine just how great the night was. You can be sure that I was surrounded by love and laughter.

I know. Poor second kid. Not even one picture of his baby shower. However Carson is a BOY. I don't think, no let's make that I really hope that one day he won't ask me if I have any pictures from his baby shower. I feel pretty safe.

Back to the title of the post. My friend Jodi risked missing my baby shower because she could not find a baby sitter for her son Hudson. I floated the idea to Jared to see if he would bite at taking care of 2 almost 1 year olds for a few hours. He said he was up for the challenge. Let me just say that Hudson is a true boy. He is also walking fast! (ok he's running!) He doesn't stay in one place for very long and is a very wonderfully curious boy.Jodi and I both wondered what this was going to look like for Jared. In fact I would have loved to set up a video camera.I figured we could make it into a good comedy short take or even a sitcom. At the very least it could make a good entry for America's Funniest Home Videos. We left Jared carrying Kate up the stairs while Hudson was climbing as fast as he could towards the top.

Fast forward to my arrival home. He said it went fine. He said his only challenge was when they got hungry at the same time. Picture this: Jared with one baby in each arm, rocking them,feeding them their respective bottle. I love that picture both for its comedy and sweetness. Come to think of it, it's probably a good picture of things to come in the next few weeks. Seriously. Is it any wonder why I love this man so much?

3 comments:

Randi Freeby said...

It was a wonderful shower and way to go Jared.

Mere Ware said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I am reading this blog and I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT YOUR SHOWER LAST NIGHT!! I AM THE WORST FRIEND EVER!!! Please forgive me! I have the weirdest feeling in my stomach right now. Please know that I totally planned on coming. It has been on the refrigerator since I got the invite. Betsy, I am so sorry!! I am glad to hear that it was great! I am sad and jealous that I am a complete idiot and forgot!

Carolyn said...

Bets,

It is SUnday - want you to know I am in prayer for all of you right now! And throughout the days.

I love you,
Care

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6