Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Beginning of a Beautiful Friendship




Oh,when I think about the experiences these two will share over their lifetimes I am so thankful that they will have each other. I think about the times that they will play together, cry together, disagree with each other, encourage each other, pray for each other, make decisions together, celebrate life together, mourn losses together, and just love each other. The brother sister bond is so all encompassing of all of life experiences. As I sit here holding a sleeping Carson I am trying to take in all of his little expressions and the sweet sound of his breathing in and out and his baby sighs I also hear his big sister laughing herself awake from a nap. You could say right now I am truly "living in the moment."

3 comments:

GriffinSisters said...

How cute they are together!! Thanks for taking the time to keep us all posted with pics, etc. Hope you are recovering Betsy. Love, Maw

Carolyn said...

Bets,

Kate looks HUGE compared to lil bro Carson. Isn't that a crazy thing?!?! Very cute pics and I loved the video - especially the thumb sucking and the swipe at him (well, she tried to sneak that one past us all but this mom's eyes who has seen lots of sibling interactions saw it - as if she is saying "I am the big sister - don't forget it!") Just kidding - love you lots.

Still trying to catch you by phone to hear from ya!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous little guy! Can't wait to get to meet him in person and check out those sweet little toes!

Love
Auntie Tress

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6