Saturday, February 14, 2009

Carson at 2 weeks old, Carson at 2 am



Carson has changed so much in just the first 2 weeks. It's very difficult to get a picture of him where he doesn't look frantically hungry, because well, he is always frantically hungry. People keep telling us he is the spitting image of Jared. I think he is the spitting image of an old man. Time will tell. Last night was difficult as he wanted to eat for 3 hours straight and was still not satisfied. My mind wandered to the bottles of formula that I knew were in his closet. But I realized that that decision should not be made at 2 am. This is the tough part.It was easier with Kate (or so it seems now) because we could just keep mixing bottles until she was satisfied. With nursing it takes it of you physically and emotionally. I think he might be going through some kind of super human growth spurt that lasts for weeks instead of days. Can you hear the frustration and exhaustion in my words? Yes I know, it will get better. Just being real.I promise to be all cheery and babyfied in my next post.I'm just really tired today.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Cheering for you as you battle the exhaustion. I am off to bed myself but hope you have a good stretch of sleep tonite. Thanks for the call - maybe we need to schedule a time to catch one another :) I love you! By the way, he is precious!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, he's such a sweetheart!

One of the strangest things I realized, by having a baby girl first and then a baby boy, is that boy babies are definitely VIGOROUS eaters! AND they love all the attention with mommie, so they can EAT for hours and get all that wonderful attention at the same time. Hmmmmm. . . actually sound like some other grown men we both know and love? LOL!

Love you,
Auntie Tress

Kristen said...

I've heard the same about boys! Eating all the time.

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6