Saturday, February 7, 2009

Turning One is So Much Fun!

We had an amazing time at Kate's Birthday Party today. So many friends were there and so many kids were there. It was chaos in a wonderful way. Kate had a great time being with everyone. God has blessed us with such great friends and family that care about our little girl so much. Special thanks to Kirk for doing the cooking for us so that Jared could enjoy the day with Kate. That is a priceless gift. Below are the pictures from the party. Although it might seem like an overabundance of detail I wanted to give out of town family a feel for what it was like to be there. Especially my Mom who called at the last minute to say she couldn't come. She works in the Senate and our President decided that the Senate would be in session both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. There are not many little girls who can say that their Mimi wasn't able to come to their first birthday party because of the President!Please enjoy the day through pictures.
Her Birthday Party dress. Thanks Honey!

Everyone left a birthday note for Kate on this frame. I am going to put a picture of her from the party in it.


The Happy Birthday sign that hung on our front door

Flower arrangement made by Daddy

"The wave" from the Birthday girl

Playing with Bear

Pictures of our girl in pretty party dress







Our family of 4! Wow!

A true Daddy's girl if there ever was!

Mommy's girl. I love this picture because you can see Jared in the background showing off Carson.

My personal favorite of the day

She is pat patting me and saying, "Mama." Melt my heart!

I love this one. Pure Kate, with a bow and her thumb.

Bonding with Bear over a pre-cupcake lunch

She really surprised me with her cupcake. At first she daintily picked at the frosting, then she really enjoyed it!



Opening presents with Mommy

Kate loved being with the tissue paper and cards. She left the present opening to Mommy.

Group Picture, An amazing group of family and friends

4 comments:

Chesley said...

That dress is BEAUTIFUL!!! Happy Birthday to Kate!

Carolyn said...

What a beautiful beautiful little girl. The party looked perfect - wish we could have been there. My heart is full with thankfulness fo ryou right now...and a little tear is trying to squeeze its way out of my eye when I think about how quickly time has passed and she is already 1! Happy birthday to our special little niece/cousin. We love you Kate!

GriffinSisters said...

Happy birthday Miss Kate!!! Looks like you had fun at your birthday party.
Thank your Mommy and Daddy for taking lots of pictures and tell Mommy that NO picture is silly or too much! We are greatful that she post these pictures so we can get an idea of what it was like.
Sending love and prayers,
James, Shavonne, and Brock

Anonymous said...

Thank you Betsy & Jared for posting these wonderful pictures of Kate's first Birthday. She's absolutely adorable in her pink party dress! Looks like she had a wonderful time and was surrounded by many family members and friends. I wanted to be there so badly, but work trip in CA wouldn't allow this time. I thought about you 4 all day long and can't wait to see you soon.

Love
Auntie Tress

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6