Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Go Go Gokey!

For the past seasons of American Idol I have watched the show only up until the auditions are over. After that I am out of there. Mainly it's because it's hard for me to listen to people singing remakes of old songs. But also because to me the people have always been boring. The same cookie cutter image. The girl is always cute and skinny with long hair and the boy always has spiky hair with ripped jeans. BORING! But this year I have found someone to follow. Someone to root for! Finally! Danny Gokey. American Idol has become like a whole new show to me. Kate really likes Danny also. She was really moving her hips to his song last night (think like a hula hoop move- so cute!)She also likes the red haired chick. I think her name is Allison?Kate loves this show because they wave a lot to the camera. She thinks they are waving at her. So she waves back! It's like a whole new set of funky friends. So I am hooked for now, unless America does something stupid like vote Danny out. He is a church music director. I think it would be fun to be at his church for praise time.

So both of my kids are sick right now. It's ultra fun having a 6 week old with a cold. (That's sarcasm) If I thought before that I could do nothing for Kate when she has a cold it is a doubly helpless feeling with one as young as he is. Yesterday Kate woke up with a fever of nearly 102. The first fever of her life if you can believe it! She is on an antibiotic now and hopefully they are both on the road to recovery. My sweet Kate is still the same sunny and funny girl when she is sick. But you can see it in her eyes that she doesn't feel well. Yesterday I was feeding Carson and she was sitting beside me on the couch. I turned my head for one second and when I turned back she had her feet propped up with ankles crossed on HIS HEAD! I know you don't feel good sweet girl but that's gonna be a no. :)

0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6