Sunday, March 1, 2009

We Survived!

Even though we had some of this......

And this....

We also had this!(Getting Better!)



Well, my first week with our two darlings has come and gone. We made it! Everyone was fed, everyone slept (well, except for yours truly), every one was changed (numerous times), and everyone was held, hugged, and kissed (most important). It was a great week in my eyes as a Mom. I've come so far in this journey as a Mom. When Kate was born I was inexperienced and had zero confidence. I realized this week that having Kate made me a Mom but having Carson made me a Mommy. Something about having Carson put me more in tune with Kate. It took a long time for me to realize Kate was mine. I think it had to do with the surreal feeling of being a first time Mom. Being a first time Mom comes with a lot of hang ups that I didn't experience the second time around. I am able to see things in a different less desperate perspective. I immediately felt like Carson was mine. I love that God is blessing me with these realizations and this new awareness through the gift of staying home. I am soaking in every second of this experience.
I love this picture. Carson is looking at me as if to say, "Mom?!?! You know SHE's the one that slaps me on the forehead right?You're coming to get me right?"

My snuggy boy

How many times through the years will I catch these two like this? In the ESPN zone!

Sweet Carson Feet

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Sniff, sniffle. Your post made me tearey and so happy for you and your realizations and your confidence and your thankfulness and...your babies! Thanks for sharing your thoughts - you are a great woman and a great "Mommy"! Love that statement you made.

I love ya.

Kristen said...

So precious Betsy!!! I'm loving the pictures and your sentiments from the heart. You are doing such a great job as a mom!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6