Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Prayer of a Working Mom

Oh Lord, my heart is so heavy. Actually,heavy cannot begin to explain the weight I feel on my mind and heart. Lord guide me! I need your guidance. Lord above all please protect my kids while they are away from me. Guide their caregiver. Give her a loving and patient heart. I pray that Kate will have fun with the other kids and I pray that you protect her physically and emotionally. I pray for little Carson's protection. 7 weeks old Lord! He's so small. But I trust that you will protect him. God be with me tomorrow morning as I take them to their caregiver's house. And as I drive away sit next to me as the tears fall. Let me know that you are there.Help my kids to know that their Mommy loves them so much. There's nothing I'd rather be doing than giving Kate a million kisses and hearing her laughter and stroking Carson's head and holding him close to me.Lord I selfishly pray that you will pause their milestone moments for my eyes.;)Thank you Lord for this job and the opportunity that it gives our family.I pray that the work hours will go fast while the time with my babies will be slow. Lord, finally I pray that you be with all Moms. Give them extra special care whether they are at home or in the workplace. Help them to know that you designed them to be the Mommy for that specific child.Guide us Lord! Hold us in your care. In Jesus' most precious name Amen.

4 comments:

Randi Freeby said...

Amen! I am praying for you. I know this must be so hard.

Chesley said...

I hope today went well. I just can't even imagine...

GriffinSisters said...

WOW!!! What a prayer, let all Mothers say Amen.
Hope your day went well, and I hope that Kate and Carson did well at their new caregivers'.
I'm glad you recieved my e-mail and it helped you out. I know that it couldn't possibly make things completely better but I'm glad it helped ease the pain. If you need ANYTHING please let me know even if you just need a shoulder to cry on or someone to talk to.
Sending love and prayers,
Shavonne

Sweets said...

Amen! Amen! God stands ready to give us the desires of our hearts, and you've expressed those to Him so well! Again, I say Amen!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6