Thursday, September 10, 2009

A 7 Month Old Boy














We have a 7 month old boy on our hands. Carson's main wish is for mobility right now. I have never seen a baby that is so frustrated by his immobility. He wants to MOVE! And it doesn't help that Kate is whizzing by him every second. Another thing Carson wants to do? EAT!! This boy packs it away and it is my prediction that he will eat us out of house and home as a teenager. He REALLY wants to eat real food and tries to grab Kate's food every chance that he gets. She thinks it is funny and tries to hand him her food when I am not looking. Carson will put it in his mouth but generally not know what do with it. I am getting wise to their little charade because Kate will suddenly say, "No Bubba!" Then I know that I have to go into his mouth for a search and rescue mission. One thing Carson does not want to do? Sleep!! At night once I can get him down he stays down for a good 12 hours but I am finding that naps are another story. I can tell that he will be the one I will have to say, "Now Carson it's nap time, you don't have to go to sleep but you do have to have some quiet time in your room." Carson has 2 new teeth to call his own. They both came through in the same week and boy did we hear about it! He loves to play with Kate now and is very content to play by himself. His favorite things to do include standing with support on anything he can find, pouncing on things with his hands, splashing in the bath tub, and saying, "Da da da da da" over and over. He has a smile that melts my heart and at the same time makes me wonder what is going on in that little boy mind of his. Well, as usual I hear him "fighting" his nap. Must go tend to the little boy.

1 comments:

Carolyn said...

What a total sweet heart. I too love his smile - it is big and bright. Makes you just wanna squeeze him. Great pics Bets. His big boy cousins need to meet him - they would have a blast together.

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6