Sunday, September 20, 2009

Race Day

Well the 10k race is in my rear view mirror. It was a great day for the run. The weather was perfect and the course was pretty awesome. It was mostly flat or down hill with just one big uphill climb. I was actually looking forward to it so that I could get a break from running the same old routes that I run in my neighborhood. It was right on a lake and it was very beautiful and scenic. The race took place at the Dallas Arboretum. I had never been there and I was very impressed. It was decked out for Halloween. All of the paths were lined with Pumpkins. It made me want to take the kids back to show them and to have our picture taken. I ran the race ahead of the time that I thought I would and I completed my goal which was to run the entire thing. I would also like to brag on my brother Burke who did an olympic distance triathlon in DC yesterday. He placed first in his division and 7th in his age group which is extremely impressive. I am so proud of him because it takes a lot of time and dedication to train for one of those races. Tomorrow I start my 12 week training program for the half marathon in December........

0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6