Monday, October 19, 2009

So It's Fall

I am loving this fall weather we are having. I say that with a hint of sarcasm. I realize that temps in the low 70s and high 60s is really cool weather here. Compared with the scorching 90-100 degree heat I'll definitely take it. Truth be told it takes more than that to please the cold weather snob in me. I'll take a good clear crisp 50 degree day right about now.But if there is one thing living here for 12 years has taught me I will have to wait until December for that to happen. No problem. But don't hate me if I laugh at people breaking out the sweaters and fleece coats when it's 65. It's just the Northern attitude in me. Here are some "Fall" pictures for you to enjoy.



Jared's pumpkin. I was pretty impressed with his carving job.

My bedazzled pumpkin


The following pictures prove the following equation:
Early wake up times+NO Naps+ unplanned trip to the pumpkin patch just because we were in the area = Well, just take a look...........I have added a lighthearted caption to each picture followed by what was really happening in the picture in parentheses. :)

Here Kate is telling everyone "Happy Halloween!" (She was having a good old fashioned melt down)

Mommy and her sweet little pumpkins! (I think Kate's face pretty much sums it up)





Sweet kids enjoying a nice sunny day (Kate trying to give her brother the heave ho out of the wagon)

So happy in the wagon (Actually only happy in the wagon when it is moving)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My guess would have been that she was shouting "trick or treat!!!" Haha, love the pumpkin patch pictures! We are waiting for the right "moment" to take the boys...I guess we better just get the courage and go!

love and prayers,
Shavonne

Carolyn said...

Great post. Nice to see your kids are normal too - haha (you'd never know it talking to someone with two M's in her name with and "i" separating the two - LOL)

The pumpkin patch is one of those things I have never been blessed to take my kids to - lucky for them since I would be camera crazy. Maybe some day.

Lil Kate better watch her back b/c it won't be long till that little bro is heaving her wherever he wants to!

Have a great day - you've inspired me to go and buy some pumpkins to carve - we usually wait a little longer b/c with the warmer temps here they go bad really fast - but I am going to at least buy them a little earlier so they aren't too picked over.

Love ya, Care

casterline said...

Our trip went about the same!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6