Thursday, October 1, 2009

Army of Women

I was watching the Today Show this morning and saw an interview with someone named Dr. Susan Love. She is the leading researcher in breast cancer. She is trying to recruit 1 million women to take part in the Army of Women. 1 out of 8 women will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer in their lifetime. 1 out of 8! The healthcare community spends so much time on treating the cancer that hardly any reseach is done in the area of how breast cancer starts and how to prevent it.The Army of Women was created to recruit 1 million women to take part in research studies. You can register at this site to receive emails about research studies. Some studies are as simple as filling out a questionaire and some are more involved but you can choose whether you want to take part in them. Dr. Love was saying that even though we have come a long way in getting people to be aware of breast cancer we still do not know why it starts or really how to prevent it.My Mom is a breast cancer survivor. This is so important to me. I want to be part of the generation that finds a cure. To me this is a step in the right direction.

0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6