Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Girl, My Heart



Every morning when nap time comes we start up the stairs. I am carrying Carson and Kate makes her way up by herself. I lay Carson in bed and cover him up and Kate and I tell him that we love him then we close the door. And sometimes I take Kate's hand but usually she has gone ahead of me and climbed into our bed. This has become our little daily ritual before she naps. She loves to sink down into the big comforter on our bed and stick her thumb in her mouth and just be content. I lay right next to her and stroke her soft hair. We sing, and I tell her how much I love her and how thankful I am to be her Mommy. I just drink it in and sometimes like this morning, I cry happy tears because I am so thankful that I can have moments like this with my little girl. I prayed a prayer of Thanksgiving to God this morning with my little girl laying her head on my shoulder and snuggled as close to me as she can get.

0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6