Monday, November 30, 2009

Midland and the Mayflower

We spent Thanksgiving with my Dad and Robin (AKA Bear and Honey)in Midland. We had so much fun just relaxing and visiting. Their house is so peaceful. We shared in an excellent Thanksgiving meal (I brought home many recipes) and exchanged Christmas presents. Thanks to my Dad and Robin for being such gracious and wonderful hosts. As always we had a great time!

Spending some quiet reading time with Honey.

Here's Kate showing her new friend how to go night night.

Any kind of stuffed animal is alright in Kate's book.

It's too bad Carson didn't like this sock monkey my Dad and Robin gave him. Yes, it's just too bad.

Bear and Kate

Here's Kate "helping" Honey with dinner. Really she was just eating the mandarin oranges.

I had such a great time with my Dad. He always gives me such a confidence boost. He always tells me how great I am with the kids and Jared. That always means the world to me.

My Dad and Robin are friends with this wonderful lady that they invited to dinner. She is 96 still driving, still living on her own. Amazing lady!

Carson says, "Really guys don't fight over me there's enough of me to go around!"

Me and my girl.

Carson was enchanted with this dog statue. He also liked the 3 live dogs my Dad and Robin have. Kate loved to chase their daschund Lucy around although I'm not too sure that Lucy enjoyed it.

Me, Robin and my Dad

Miss Priss in her Thanksgiving dress. Of course she wouldn't look up. That's her new thing.

Daddy and Carson right before the meal


Our Kids traveled really well! It was a 5 hour car trip and depsite the fact that they have never been in their car seats for more than 2 hours at a time they did well.

2 comments:

Stacey at Giggles and Glue Sticks said...

So fun! Your kids are really adorable. Loved Kate's Thanksgiving dress and the picture of you two together is precious! Can't wait to see you soon!

casterline said...

I'm so glad to hear you are doing well. The kids look adorable! and I really like your hair cut!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6