Sunday, November 1, 2009

Candy Corn and a Pumpkin









Last night was Kate's first walking Halloween and Carson's first Halloween ever. Kate was dressed as candy corn and Carson was dressed up very briefly as a pumpkin. It was too hot to carry out the pumpkin suit for very long so Carson changed into his alternate Texas Tech uniform. Kate loved trick or treating with her cousins, Hobo Toby and ninja Caden. She got more confidence with each house. I think she found it pretty funny that perfect strangers were giving her candy. Everytime she would leave a house she would say, "Let's go!" She even managed a couple of thank yous! I realized last night one of the great surprises of being a parent. To see my kids having fun doing what I used to do when I was little is priceless to me as a Mom. I have great memories of all holidays. Halloween was no exception. I can't remember many of my costumes. But I do remember taking my pillowcase around our neighborhood(it's funny to think my parents felt comfortable enough to let us go by ourselves), talking to our neighbors as we went,making fun of the house that handed out toothbrushes every year, carrying our heavy candy filled pillow cases over our shoulder and dumping it our on our living room floor. I don't really remember eating the candy, although I'm sure we did! What I really remember is smiling a lot and I remember my brothers laughing and smiling a lot. My parents really knew how to make things special for us, especially my Mom.I can only hope that Kate and Carson will feel the same way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey kids, All the halloween pictures of everyone are so cute!! And I might add that Mom and Dad looked pretty darn cute too. I love your haircut Betsy.Give Candycorn and Mr. Pumpkin a hug for me. Maw

Sweets said...

SO cute & fun!

Carolyn said...

They both looked so cute. Glad you have good memories and are making good memories too. Yay!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6