Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Story of Hudson John

Almost 2 years ago I was coming home from Kate's baby shower when I got a call my sister in law Carolyn. She wanted to know what gifts I received and what the shower was like. We chatted about all things baby. Carolyn and I are close like sisters and we talk on the phone ALOT and this was no exception. At the end of the conversation I could tell she had something to tell me. She was pregnant again! It was perfect. Just as we would be welcoming Kate into the world new life would be starting in her family. We made jokes about how fertile she is and how close Piersen and the new baby would be. I was so happy for her. Then five days after Kate was born I was nursing her in bed when Jared brought me the cell phone. It was Care telling me they had lost the baby. I was in shock. This doesn't happen to Care. She had had 3 successful, healthy, uneventful pregnancies. But she had all faith in God that He knew the plan. Four months later I was overjoyed at the news that we were pregnant with Carson. On our way home from our first sonogram with Carson I called Care to tell her that all was well and she told me that she had something to tell me. She was pregnant again. Her due date was just a week or so after Carson's. Oh what joy filled my heart! To be pregnant together and for our babies to be nearly the same age. It was all too perfect! Then on a warm July day I was sitting in my office talking to a co worker and saw an email from Care. They had already seen a sonogram of the baby's heart beat and were going back for another look. I opened up the email full of anticipation. I froze. The email said that they could not find a heart beat. They had lost the baby. Within 6 months, 2 losses. I called Care on the way home and just cried. When I got home I went to our room and just cried out to God. Why?? It didn't make sense! When Carson was born I had mixed emotions of happiness and sadness knowing that Benjy and Care's sweet little girl was supposed to arrive at the same time. It was truly bittersweet.
Fast forward to March of this year. God started prompting me to pray for Carolyn specifically. He told me to pray about a baby. In all of my years of being a Christ follower this has never happened to me. I told the Lord, " You must be mistaken. They are not sure Lord. I am pretty sure there is no baby." But He told me to pray about a baby so I did. I mentioned to Care in an email that I had been prompted to pray for her. I left out the part about a baby because I didn't want to upset her. She emailed back cryptically, "Keep praying for me." I was on my lunch break at my new job sitting in the warm sunshine when she told me. Yes she was pregnant again BUT they had gone in for a sonogram and could not find a heartbeat. The Dr said to come back in a week to confirm. Maybe it was too early. Maybe it was another miscarriage. The Dr. couldn't be sure until she was in her 6th week. I told her I was hopeful. I told her I would pray. That night I scoured the internet. What week was it possible to see a heart beat? I sent her story after story of how 5 weeks is too early. 6 weeks is the earliest. It was hope! I knew she was searching the internet to. We hoped for the best and waited until the next appointment. I remember the day of her appointment. I didn't hear anything all day. It could be good news or it could mean bad news. I was just about to go to bed when I got the call. It was Care. I'll never forget those words. "Bets, we have a heartbeat!" I was so thankful and so in awe of God and how He provided this one miracle that we all needed. Well........
Yesterday, November 16th this little miracle entered the world. Hudson John Brednich was born at 9:05 PM. He is surrounded by 3 big brothers and the most loving parents. I will never forget the call I got last night from Care around 10:00. "Bets? He's here!" It has been my priviledge to walk just a small part of this journey with Benjy and Care. Hudson is living proof that God is so faithful!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, congrats!!! This story has me in tears, what a blessing! God is GOOD <3

love and prayers

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6