Friday, December 11, 2009

35 Years

As Jared kissed me goodbye this morning he asked me how it felt to be 35. I said it felt great. I've had a lot more fun in my 30s so far. My kids were born and our marriage has enjoyed the sweetest of times in my 30s. Then he started to do some math. He said, "You know when you're 40 I'll be 36." I told him that that was too much math so early in the morning and wasn't it time for him to be out the door?:) Seriously, turning 35 doesn't bother me in the least. I welcomed it. I cherish this time in my life. I get to stay home with two little sweeties, I am loved by a wonderful man, I am about to run a half marathon in 2 days, and most of all I am coming to understand more and more God's love for me. It is a beautiful feeling. My day ended with watching a movie with my sweet husband. Tomorrow I go to pick out new running shoes (my birthday wish from Jared). I know I'm pretty weird. But this is my life right now! Here are a few pics from my day.
My Mom spoiled me by sending this gift set from L'Occitane. Wonderful wonderful stuff!

My Dad surprised me with these gorgeous flowers.

I spent most of my day working on this Christmas dress for Kate.Sewing has become a new passion of mine. It is much cuter on her but she is on a modeling strike until further notice so this picture will have to do.

0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6