Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Texas Our Texas

A couple of week ends ago we went to Austin to see my brothers (Brig and Burke), my sister in law Kelly, my 2 nephews Caden and Tabor, and our wonderful friend Stacey. We had so much fun visiting with everyone. Jared and I got a much cherished night out courtesy of sweet Stacey watching our kids. We also went to the Capitol building. It was awesome. I am the daughter of a self described political junkie so of course we took the holiday tour. I know this is nerdy but I could listen to tour guides talk forever. I just love to take in all of the details and little unknown stories behind the scenes of historic happenings.
I thought this picture of my nephew Caden was so cool

Carson likes Caden just a little bit

I love this one.

Carson with his Auntie Kelly

And his Uncle Brig


Kate went to sit down by her cousin Caden. I thought that was so sweet.

Jared racing Caden through the long halls in the basement

Carson with Stacey. He almost jumped out of her arms!

We've been telling Kate that since she is almost 2 it is time for her to start helping out with Carson

Carson loved his tour of the capitol and learned many things

Kate getting a lift from Uncle Brig and Auntie Kelly


My wonderful nephew Caden

I couldn't get enough of the details of the building as you're about to see.

The Senate Chamber





Door Hinge


The lights spell out Texas. Only in Texas!

1 comments:

Stacey at Giggles and Glue Sticks said...

I love the first picture of Caden looking out the window. Very cool.

Fun day. Fun day!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6