Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Holiday Cheer

Tonight our little family went to visit some folks at the Meadowlakes Retirement Center. We passed out cookies and visited with the wonderful people that live there. I was unsure how Kate and Carson would react. Shy? Reserved? Scared? I shouldn't have worried. They smiled, laughed, waved, and Kate even told one inquisitive lady that she was going to be "Two!!" My brothers in law gave Kate a shopping cart for an early Christmas present and we put it to good use tonight. Kate was a pleased as punch to fill up her shopping cart with cookies and stroll around the dining room and reception area. She said, "Hi!" and "Thank you" and mostly smiled and waved. Carson gave out his wonderful grins and the ladies oohed and ahhed over him. He was definitely a charmer tonight. He even kept reaching for one of the ladies to hold him. What a sweet boy. Here are some pictures from the night.

This is the little Christmas dress I made for Kate. I added the monogrammed "K" on the front. I loved making it for her and I loved how she looked in it. I will never forget how she couldn't stop looking at herself in the mirror wearing it.


Carson, enjoying a little snack before our excursion

In the truck I gave her a box of candy canes to hold. She thought they were the neatest thing!


I love these 2 photos. Sheer happiness in being able to wheel that cart across the parking lot. She really knew she was on an important mission


Walking into the lobby. Full of cookies and ready to go!

The first exchange. At first I would give her the cookies and she would say "Thank you!" and put them back in her basket. I showed her how to give them away and she caught on pretty quick.

Carson loved charming all of the ladies

Her basket is empty. What a satisfied look!

Carson loved this lady's necklace and she loved holding him

Sweet Kate. Making sure everyone has received their cookies

Carson found a leftover bag of cookies. He was ready to tear into them!

Saying Good Bye

0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6