Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tradition

Even though Kate and Carson have pretty much zero idea of what is going on this year as far as Christmas goes, I figure it is never too early to start talking to them about the real meaning of Christmas. I tell them that the real reason why we celebrate Christmas is to remember the birth of Jesus. I look forward to the coming years where we can really start talking to them about the reason behind this season. But for now they ooh and ahh at the Christmas lights we drive by and marvel at our little tree. Kate has become very partial to the blue lights that our neighbors across the street put on their house. Every time she seems them her eyes get wide and she says, "oh WOW!" Little innocent joys that I love seeing through their eyes. They have no concept of getting presents yet. I love it. I want to hold onto this time forever. This year we decided to collect some toys to give to the kids at Cooks children. We went their yesterday to drop them off. The lady that received them told us that they would be used not only at Christmas but all year round for Birthdays. I can't wait until Kate and Carson really get the meaning behind this. I want my kids to have compassion for other people. I believe simple kindness is such a forgotten trait in today's society.It is so wonderful to think that we are starting these family traditions with our kids right now.
In Front of the big tree in the lobby at Cooks.

They look so teeny tiny in Santa's big chair. Notice Daddy standing by to make sure Carson does not get the heave ho from sis.

Here's Kate with Santa. She doesn't look to enthused. See above post as to why.

0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6