Friday, January 1, 2010

Glitz, Glam, and Mimi

My Mom was FINALLY able to come visit us this week. She had worked for 21 days straigt with no break at all. She worked during the day and even through the night.Needless to say she was looking for rest and relaxation. We had been planning to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular for a long time. This is the traveling version of the show that plays at the Radio City Music Hall in New York City. I knew that this was the show for Kate because everytime the commercial would come on the TV she would stand there with her head cocked back and her mouth wide open.My Mom and I had some concerns about Kate sitting through a 2 hour show. But this show was specially made for a 2 year old. It had sparkles, lights, singing, dancing, bright colors and constant movement. We also had a concern because Santa was a huge part of the show. And judging from her previous experience with Santa we weren't quite sure how she would handle it. She really didn't mind at all. Even the number that featured 50 dancing Santas did not phase her. My favorite part was when we were watching the Rockettes and I looked down to see Kate kicking her legs right along with them. I love these times with my Mom. So special and memorable.


My lovely girl and beautiful Mom



Kate was a little bewildered to say the least.I think this picture is so sweet with Kate's little hand on my Mom's knee. "Just wanted to make sure you are here Mimi."

0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6