Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mimi and Kate


I have to say that there is something truly special about witnessing the relationship between my Mom and my daughter. Kate has really taken to my Mom on these last couple of trips and it has been so neat to see their special relationship form. Kate woke up every morning she was here and asked, "Where Mimi?" And then we would "knock knock" on her door to wake her up. And Kate would exclaim "Hi Mimi" in a very cute high pitched voice. Kate followed my Mom everywhere, even into the bathroom! The secret to Kate is hugs and reading. If she can climb up in your lap and snuggle with a good book she will be your friend for life. And although my Mom sometimes wished that there would have been more of a variety of books (Goodnight Gorilla for the 20th time!) she was game for every single book. I tried to capture their special relationship.



2 comments:

Stacey at Giggles and Glue Sticks said...

Just love that cute little readers!

Carolyn said...

Very sweet. Glad she still had energy after caring for my crew. Yikers!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6