Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ruffles and Birthday Flourishes

I made some ruffle pants for Kate and amazingly they turned out ok. Meaning I didn't sew two legs together or end up with just one leg. Well, of course that happened! But that is why God made a seam ripper.
Front View

Side View

Sitting down view

And a little sneak peek of the pre Birthday festivities. I am in high gear right now!As you can see there is really no color scheme.I took advantage of the fact that it is a boy and girl party so every color is incorporated. Yeah for variety! The menu is even more variable. Kind of the theme of our life right now, so it works!!
The banners are up! It must be Birthday time!

A preview of Carson's Birthday Shirt

Preview of Kate's Birthday Dress

3 comments:

Stacey at Giggles and Glue Sticks said...

Love the banners.
Love the shirts.
LOVE the ruffle pants.

Can't wait to see you!

Carolyn said...

Looks like it is all coming along excellently! Go girl go. Still wish I could come!

Anonymous said...

WOW, what talent!!! After the week that we've had with Brice and James having to work this weekend, sadly, we won't be at the party. I thought about tackling this "adventure" on my own but Brice's ear infection pretty much made up my mind.
I'm sure that the party will be wonderful, please take lots of pictures (like I really need to encourage you) and post them ASAP!!!
Sending double birthday wishes, love, and prayers

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6