Friday, January 1, 2010

These are a Few of my Favorite Things

Yes this is my favorite boy, but the shirt he is wearing is one of my favorite things to make. I made shirts like this for my nephews in Mexico and of course for Kate and Carson. I call them their super hero shirts.

I am loving my new camera and discovering the pureness of black and white photography. And I really enjoy a black and white photo with sunlight.


I was finally able to use my favorite black and white fabric to make a dress for Kate. This dress was more enjoyable to make than her Christmas dress because I had a little bit more of an clue this time. I am learning that sewing is all about practice and patience. And I admire anyone who does it well!

I made this dress for Kate yesterday. It was a very simple little pattern. But what makes this dress one of my favorite things is that I learned how to make a buttonhole!! (So that's what the buttons on my sewing machine that say 1,2,3,4 mean!!)This opens the door up for many more creations and this makes the creative me jump for joy!!!

I made these cake pops last night for our New Years Eve dinner. So easy. Bake a cake, let it cool, crumble it up, mix in some icing, form balls, let them chill in the fridge, stick them with a lollipop stick and dip in melted chocolate. I look forward to having the kids help me with these.


Eletia and Jimmy gave us this fancy schmancy crock pot for Christmas. I already know how much I will love this. I cooked a roast in it the other night. I'm pretty sure it will make my life easier!

This is my Christmas present from Jared. It is actually a camera bag but I think it is so cute I carry it as a purse also.

This is the vase that held my Birthday flowers from my Dad. It turns out it was good for holding some extra ornament for an easy and pretty Christmas decoration.

1 comments:

Stacey at Giggles and Glue Sticks said...

1. Carson is adorable. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks.
2. The dresses are precious. I love the ribbon at the bottom of the pillowcase dress! I'm getting my sewing machine tomorrow...hopefully.
3. Cake pops! That is from Bakerella. They looked delicious. And you make them sound very easy to make. Okay, maybe I will try them.
4. Camera bag...very cool.

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6