Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy First Birthday to Our Wonderful Boy



January 29, 2010

My Dearest Son,
Happy First Birthday my sweet boy! I remember the day we found out you were on your way. I looked down at your sister Kate who was 4 months old at the time and told her that she was going to be a big sister. She seemed to like the idea and responded with a big smile. Your Dad could not have been happier. From the moment I knew I was pregnant I just knew you were a boy. And my heart was filled with so much joy that I would get to be your Mommy. The night before you were born your Daddy pushed your sister around in a box down the hall. She was younger than you are now. Daddy and I were so excited to go to the hospital early that morning that you were born. Your labor and birth could not have been easier. The second you were born I pulled you up onto my chest. Oh what a feeling! I remember Daddy saying a prayer over us and I just told you how much I love you and how much we had been waiting for you. Son, I already know that your heart is so full of love. Your sweet smile shows it everyday. You love to bury your head into us and you love to be held and cuddled. It is my greatest joy with you to be able to hold you close every day. I take advantage of every second of this sweetness. Being your Mommy has been a sweet experience from the first moments of your life. We have shared a special bond that I know will never be broken. I have held you through many hours in your first year and it has been one of the greatest priviledges of my life to get to be your Mommy. I hope that as you grow into the rough and tumble boy that I know you will be that you will not lose your sweetness. And I want you to know one thing. There is nothing that you can do or say that will ever make your Dad and I stop loving you. We will always be a safe place for you. But my greatest hope for you my sweet son is that you will grow into a strong man of God and that you will always turn to your heavenly Father in times of joy as well as in your trials. But for now sweet boy just know that our love for you has no limits. Just rest in our love and soak it up. I thank God every day that he gave me my boy, my wonderful surprise. Happy Birthday sweet boy!

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I love this picture - it is so sweet. Love your heart and love for your son too.

Happy birthday little man! We love you!

Courtney said...

What a blessed little boy to have unconditional, verbalized love every day! Happy birthday!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6