Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Closer Look

Kate loves shoes, but sometimes it gets in the way of her fashion sense. She is crying in this picture because we just told her she has to take off her shoes to go to bed. I told her when the shoes over footsie pajamas craze comes into style she can tell everyone she was ahead of the trend.





Kate loves to draw

She likes to double fist the markers. Good approach.

Shoot, that's the table cloth. No big deal because they were washable markers. Quick little lecture about not drawing on the table cloth and everything was cool. However, 10 minutes later when I caught her drawing with crayon on the dishwasher was not cool.

I went back to my grade school days for this one. A teacher I am not, but I do remember some art projects. I made this necklace for Kate yesterday. She wanted to help me with the glue but apparently that meant holding the glue above the paper with out squeezing it. I tried to explain that we might never get the necklace done with that approach. So when she moved on to something else I set to work. She loved it at first even proudly showing it off to her Daddy when he came home. I was proud of my creative craftiness. That is, until I was picking up for the night and noticed it in a crumpled, trampled heap behind a chair. I wasn't expecting her to take it to college, but I thought it would at least make it to the next day!


I've got a little Merry Maid of my own. I bought this little motorized sweeper that in my opinion is the best invention for people with little kids. Our floor is always crummy and I can just whip this baby out and clean up messes quick. Kate has a fascination with it and I am finding that if I turn it on and give it to her she will scoot it across the floor and do a pretty good job. I am told that the new wonder of cleaning wears off pretty quick so I am taking advantage of her fascination while I can!


Kate loves this rocking chair in her room. She loves rocking! It's special to me because it was my rocking chair when I was a little girl.


And here's a closer look at the kids' birthday banners. I am pacing myself so that I am not doing everything at the last minute. My Mom was the Queen of kids' birthday parties and they were always memorable. I know she had a lot of fun putting them together because I LOVE planning for this one. Must be in the genes! By the way, Kate's banner is not done yet. It needs a little something else. I'm sure Hobby Lobby will have the answer! I am happy with Carson's. I thought it turned out very handsome (cute).


And finally here's a look at Kate's new "necklace". Plese don't look to close though. She was rummaging through the folded laundry. Draw your own conclusion. Silly girl!

1 comments:

Stacey at Giggles and Glue Sticks said...

I love, love, love the banners! They look adorable.

And that red "necklace"...scandalous!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6