Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Sweet Spot

This week I have taken a ton of pictures of our kids. Precious times. I just want to capture this time and bottle it up so that someday down the road I can experience it all over again. I love the innocence of my kids right now. I love that they want to roll around with me on a quilt in the back yard. I love that they think it is just simply hilarious to plop right down on my tummy when I'm fake sleeping. Kate loves it when I bring the quilt out to the back yard. She knows there is some good cuddle time ahead. Carson loves to play on he porch and then crawl over and bury his head into me. It is so sweet and I will always remember what a bond that I feel with both of them even at this young age. I love these pictures because looking at them I can see EVERY expression that my kids make daily. Even the expressions that aren't "camera ready" and I love that, because I know that I will look back at this slideshow and think "Oh that expression right there is SO Carson...or SO Kate." I love that Kate is still wearing a Christmas shirt in April. I love to see her look down at the Santa Claus and say "Ho ho ho! Merwee kissmus!" I love the way Carson's hair stands on end in the breeze.I love that when I say to him, "Give Mommy a kiss!" he will either open his mouth wide and plant a wet one on my cheek or shake his little head fast and say, "No!" as only a little boy can.
This is it. I've found it. The sweet spot of life. It has nothing to do with money, or jobs, or going back to work or not going back to work. It's all wrapped up in a wild haired little girl and blonde blue eyed little boy. They've got my heart and they know it. Somehow they know that they are the sweet spot of my life and they are reveling in it!

1 comments:

casterline said...

I love reading your posts! I can actually hear you say "sweet girl". You have such a great way of looking at life. The Lord has blessed you with an amazing spirit. I'm blessed just by knowing you, and so are your children!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6