Wednesday, August 29, 2007

100 Things About Me

Ok I thought this was a very interesting challenge. I have seen it on other blogs and learned new things about friends. So here goes in no particular order (this is a random list, but those who know me will not be surprised by this) ....

1. I was born in Southern, Illinois.
2. I have lived in Texas for most of my life now.
3. But I will never consider myself a Texan
4. My first date with Jared was at Starbucks
5. I wanted to get coffee in case he was weird I could get out quickly
6. I don't drink coffee
7. I love to swim but I am not fast
8. I have always wanted to know what I would look like with jet black hair
9. I am a naturally messy person
10. I changed this for Jared
11. I used to watch football just to be with Jared
12. Now I really love it
13. Our baby is due 4 days after our 5th anniversary
14. We both think this would be the best anniversary gift God could give us
15. I never really knew about God's grace until I went to ACU
16. I have no cousins- my parents were only kids
17. I love Beatles music and at one time owned all of their albums
18. I love Rocky movies and the Godfather movies
19. My favorite movie is Schindler's List
20. My #1 non- spiritual goal is to be debt free including our house
21. I have been lucky enough to find a job that fits the talents God gave me
22. I have 7 nephews and no neices
23. I have always admired people who are good athletes
24. I love to play sports but I am not very good
25. I like watching golf on TV because it makes me sleepy
26. I can usually talk sports with the best of them (Thank you Jared and my bros)
27. I think the Cubs will win the World Series in my lifetime
28. I think the greatest place to vacation in the US is Washington, DC
29. I admire my Mom because she pursued her dream at age 60
30. She works in Washington, DC in the Senate and loves every minute. I am so proud
31. I think my 3 brothers are some of the funniest people I know
32. I have great respect for people that make tough choices and sacrifice
33. I still believe in President Bush
34. I once waved at him from 10 feet away on the White House lawn
35. I have the picture to prove it
36. I once drove a Volvo that would keep running when you took the key out
37. My first job in Dallas was at Parkland ER
38. It was the most fascinating job I have ever had
39. I have been in the White House and stood outside the oval office
40. I have lived in Chicago, Phoenix, Abilene, Wichita, and Fort Worth
41. I once went to a Rolling Stones concert with my Dad and sat on the 2nd row
42. I was baptized when I was 12
43. But I really understood what it meant when I was 30
44. I love the old hymns
45. I love to dance with Jared
46. But we never go dancing
47. I love the job of paying our bills
48. I think it's amazing how God provides for us over the years
49. My main spiritual goal is to develop my prayer life this year
50. I love praying with Jared
51. I consider myself to be a good driver
52. My favorite TV show is Law & Order
53. I swam on the neighborhood swim team until I was 13
54. I was the slowest swimmer on the team
55. I hate fresh fruit
56. But I love dried fruit
57. I have to read before I go to sleep no matter how late it is
58. I have just recently learned to speak my mind and not feel guilty
59. I got the chicken pox when I was 3
60. I was convinced it was because I had just eaten Frankenberry cereal
61. I have 3 brothers
62. It never crossed my mind that I wanted a sister
63. I believe men make better co- workers than women. Less gossip.
64. I love being a mortgage underwriter
65. I did a triathlon this past May
66. It is my goal to do another one after the baby is born
67. When I first became pregnant I thought we were having a girl
68. Now I have no inkling of what we are having
69. All of my friends think we are having a girl
70. I have a dry, sometimes sarcastic sense of humor
71. This sometimes offends people who have a "wet" sense of humor
72. I love political science
73. I inherited this love from my Mom
74. Jared and I probably would not have met if September 11th hadn't happened
75. The first time I told Jared I loved him- he started talking about mobile homes
76. It was not funny at the time
77. It's one of our favorite stories now
78. Jared and I have about a million inside jokes and our own special language
79. This is one of the things I love most about our marriage
80. We went to London for our Honeymoon
81. My favorite trip with Jared was when we went to Disneyland
82. We thought it was funny to watch the parents wrestle with their screaming kids
83. We now realize the joke will be on us in a couple of years
84. I have found out that if I have a bad first impression of people it is wrong
85. I think pregnancy is simply amazing and I am in awe of God everyday because of it
86. I hate summers in Texas
87. I miss the seasons in Chicago, especially the fall
88. I love to follow rules
89. I love blizzards from Dairy Queen
90. I love having blonde hair and think blonde jokes are hilarious
91. Grammatical errors are a pet peeve of mine, especially using their, there & they're wrong
92. I can spot spelling errors in published books I read
93. I am card carrying member of 2 libraries
94. I can't wait to see what Jared will be like as an old man
95. I think he will still make me laugh all day long
96. I wish my family lived closer to each other
97. I love our church family and have been blessed with wonderful christian friends
98. I thank God everyday that he led me to marry Jared Gowens
99. I feel covered by prayer
100.My favorite bible verse is Hebrews 13:5

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Enjoyed the read! You seem very happy!

Courtney said...

That was fun! I learned some new things. I'm so glad we're friends!

Amanda said...

Hey Betsy~
I enjoyed reading your 100 things. I know that Gracie thinks the world of you! Congratulations on the new little one coming! Being a mommy is the best job ever! I know you'll love it!

Allison said...

I too enjoyed this list. I laughed when I read about your Volvo. I thought that was a wonderful feature on that car! I am so glad that I ran into you, and glad to see that you are doing so well.

Allison said...

I forgot to tell you the link to Ashley N. is the Ashley you know. From her blog you will find Susan, Lynsey, Sam, Maddie, Jessica, Mandy, etc. I hope you enjoy looking. :)

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6