Thursday, August 2, 2007

My Belly Buddy

When I first found out I was pregnant there was 1 person I wanted to tell outside of our families first. My friend Jodi and I have bonded over so much in the past 3 years that we have known each other. Our husbands are also close friends which is such a bonus. Anyway, I was a little reluctant about telling Jodi because I knew how much she wanted to be pregnant so I put off telling her. I wanted to tell her in person when no one was around. Well, the chances kept passing me by. One day I was driving home from work and Jodi called me. When I saw her name on the cell I said to myself "ok you have to tell her." We started talking about general things when suddenly SHE says, "Well Betsy I have something to tell you." I said ok. She said "Derek and I just found we're pregnant!" Silence. Then I screamed (literally screamed into the phone) " We are to!!!!" For the next couple of minutes we were screaming back and forth. It was crazy. I can't tell you what kind of happiness I felt for my friend and Derek at that moment. We decided that we wouldn't tell the guys because they get together for breakfast every Friday morning (which was going to be the next morning). I got home and Jared and I started dinner and I held my ground. Well I guess Miss Jodi caved because the next thing I know I get this call. She said we want to come over I told Derek. I was elated that I didn't have to keep the news from Jared any longer. Before they got to our house I told Jared that I had told Jodi about our pregnancy and they were coming by to congratulate us. Jodi and Derek got to our house and we are all standing around talking and Derek said ," Jared, how does it feel to be the odd man out?" Jared's face was so hilarious, very puzzled. Huh? Derek said "Well we came by to congratulate you but to also tell you that we're pregnant to." Jared's face just lit up. It was so unbelievably cool. Jodi and I have always supported each other but this experience to gether gives it a whole new meaning. We email each other during the day and literally get each other through the days. Jodi is about 3 weeks ahead of me. Her due date is February 1st. We always marvel at how awesome God is that he would bless us both at the same time. Many blessings and memories await all of us. God bless the Tuley family. We love you guys!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

That is really cool - it is fun to have someone you are close to experiencing it all together for the first time. So, I am thinking that I am feeling anxious to know - niece or nephew! Glad you are finding out!!!!

Have a great day - just smile at the amazing things growing inside of you today!

God, Our great Creator - I praise You for the life inside Betsy. Please take care of her health as she provides the perfect environment for this little life to take form. We love him or her already and just give You thanks for the blessing of pregnancy. Fill Betsy with hope and happiness as this weekend approaches. Give her rest as You do amazing things in the growth and development of their baby today!

In Him,
Amen!!!!

Carolyn said...

Oh one more thing - you and Jodi need to go have the very special moment for all first time pregnancies - go to a maternity store and strap that pillow around your waist....try on some clothes - and buy some too! It helps pass the time of eagerly awaiting your growing tummy! I remember time passing too slowly too - but it is fun!

Love ya,
Care

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6