Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Prayers Needed for Precious Ones

Things are really slow at work and this has given me the opportunity to catch up on some blogs of some of my friends. Anyone who has ever looked at blogs know that one blog will lead you to another and then another. In my blog travel today I have come across 3 precious little ones who need prayers for their health. First, please pray for a little boy born August 20th named Bennet. He is in critical condition at the NICU in Georgetown, DC. The family specifically needs prayers for the clearing of an infection in his lungs. This is their first child. Please pray for his parents who are constantly at his bedside. They are putting the life of their child in God's hands, singing praise songs to him, whispering scriptures in his ear and praying with him constantly. The next dear one is Caden Ledbetter. He is 2 years old and was diagnosed with stage IV neuroblastoma( this is the most advanced stage.) He is going through Chemo right now. The family is specifically asking for prayers that the side effects of the chemo will be minimal and that it will heal their son. The third is a little girl that Jared and I know from church. Her name is Ava and she had open heart surgery last week to repair a hole in her heart. She is doing really well and is at home now. Praise God! All three of these kids have faithful parents that believe God will deliver their children from sickness and bring them through the worst. All of these stories inspired me so much today. I thank God so much for leading me to their stories. Please keep all of these families in your prayers. Please hug your kids tight and know how precious they are to our heavenly Father!

3 comments:

angela said...

Thank you Betsy for passing along these requests! I did not know about the little boy in DC, but I will be praying for him also. I know from experience that prayer changes things!

Carolyn said...

Bets,

Thanks for sharing - will remember them in prayer this morning. It does remind me of the blessing of healthy children and the strength and faith of those families that fight and surrender theirs to God's care moment by moment. Also praying for our little nephew/niece today!

Love, Care

Courtney said...

Thanks for the reminder to pray for these sweet children. There are few things more difficult than watching a child go through situations like these!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6