Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Tuesday Night Softball






For the past 3 years during the spring, summer, and fall our Tuesday nights have been filled with softball. The softball team is made up of guys that go to our church. All of these guys are special to us and have taught us so many things about spirituality, marriage, and sportsmanship. Jared has been the coach for the team for the past 2 years and truly enjoys it. We usually have a time of fellowship and eating before or after the game which always blesses both of us.The flip side is that I have really got to know all of the wives of the guys. They have all become special friends to me. It's amazing how God can work through something like softball to bring a group of wonderful guys and girls together. Christian friends are such a blessing to both of us. After Tuesday nights game (which was the last of the summer season) the guys gave Jared an Ipod to thank him for being their coach. To say the least Jared was truly touched. It really meant so much to him. Thank you God for wonderful christian friends that truly care about us.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

It is so much fun and we look forward to being with you guys each week! I'm so glad God put this group together!

Courtney said...

Oh, and it is hilarious that we both did a softball post at the same time!

GriffinSisters said...

Hey Bets and Jared!!!! Love your website. I love that ya'll have made your branch to connect. Betsy hope you're doing well with the baby!!!! I can't wait to be an uncle again!!! Love Blair

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6