Thursday, August 9, 2007

Tri Mom!

Ok I am really putting myself out there on this one. The picture above was taken
May 20,2007, almost 3 months ago. This is a picture of my wonderful husband and I after I finished my first sprint triathlon. My sprint triathlon consisted of a 300 meter swim, 13.1 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run. I had a ball! I loved every minute of it. And for this high school bench warmer it was a definite accomplishment. The smile I had in this picture was the smile I had coming across the finish line. Here's what I want to do. Next year , (sometime next year, I'm not going to pin myself down on a date) I want to be able to post a picture of me, Jared and our new baby after a I do a Triathlon. This is a bold goal I know. But this is how I did my first triathlon. I told everyone I was doing it. That way I figured, I couldn't back out because I knew everyone would ask me about it.So here I am making it public. Look for the picture in 2008!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6