Friday, August 14, 2009

Against the Wind

This week has been an interesting running week.A head cold, sick kids and pure exhaustion have left me no choice but to shake my running schedule up a bit. I always aim to run 4 times a week and to make that heppen this week I have to run both tomorrow and Sunday night. I have already run 4 miles twice this week. Tonight was interesting. I felt slow and sluggish from the get go. Then I realized why. I stayed homr from work to take care of Carson and as it usually goes with sick babies there is not a whole lot of time to think about your own needs. I realized that I had not eaten very much and had what was the equivalent to a glass of water all day. It doesn't take a genius to know that that is not a good set up for an easy run. I had it in my head that I was only going to run 3 miles tonight. I felt like I was barely moving and had to pee about 2 miles in. It didn't help that every house I ran by had their sprinkler on!Just as I was coming up on the third mile I got a little bit of a second wind.Instead of stopping at my house I ran on to complete the 4th mile. I just kept telling myself, "You've already run 4 miles twice, you can't go back down to 3 miles!" Well it was mind over body tonight and it worked.:)

0 comments:

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6