Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Rest and Running in the Rain

Tonight I ran in a nice summer rain. It was a perfect rain to run in. Never too hard. I suppose I was very lucky that it didn't turn into one of those famous Texas storms with heavy rain, thunder, lightening, and golf ball sized hail.It was good because the air was heavy when I started my run and the rain really lightened it up.

I felt very rested today. The big news is that Carson slept through the night last night. A feat he has never been able to pull off in his short 6 months of life.12 hours. Not a peep, not a wimper, not a cough or cry. He slept. And we slept.It was pure bliss. I realize that it might not happen again for awhile but it did happen last night. And for now, that's good enough.

1 comments:

Carolyn said...

Amen sister! And you are oh so wise to realize that every day - or night rather - is a different thing. That was one of those "no way" parenting moments for me when I learned that their sleep patterns change so frequently. Here is hoping for a few weeks of "pure bliss" before teething interrupts it all :)

Love you. Go Carson go!

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6