Friday, August 28, 2009

Daddy Dress



I have been really interested in learning how to sew lately. I trotted on out to Target last week end and bought myself a Singer for a song.:) I figured I would just teach myself how to sew. 2 things I learned, I would need a little bit of help and sewing takes a lot of patience. My first attempt was making a dress for Kate out of one of Jared's dress shirts. It was challenging to say the least. I have a lot to learn. But I did learn that adding trim to a dress covers a multitude of mistakes.:) I figure this is going to have to be one of those things I will just keep trying and trying until I get it right (or at least somewhat right.)So here is the finished product. Please try not to laugh. It is my first attempt. I would also love to learn how to quilt. I would love to make the bedding for Kate's big girl bed when that day comes. I'll let you know what I come up with next!

2 comments:

GriffinSisters said...

Holy cow!!! I'd say for the first shot at sewing, you did a great job! That dress is super cute :) Sounds like you are enjoying life to the fullest...

love and prayers,
Shavonne

Randi Freeby said...

I think you did a great job. I also think having a hobby like sewing is a great release. I took up embroidery and love it. Have fun and maybe learn some things along the way.

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6