Sunday, August 30, 2009

70 Minutes

That's how many minutes I ran this morning. I ran 5.5 miles in that 70 minutes. I am a very slow runner but I just keep plodding away. With 3 weeks to go until the race I feel very good about where I am as far as my training. I have lost about 15 lbs and I am slowly but surely creeping back into my pre-pregnancy clothes. I am realizing that if I want to make the Sprint Tri a reality in October I need to get on the bike and plan to start this week. I am thinking about adding some bike/run combo days. Just 2 months ago I wrote my "This is War!" post. The road blocks are still the same but I have learned how to work through them most of the time. I know that God has been teaching me many things through running. I was thinking the other day that if I was as dedicated and focused on my relationship with God as I am with running I would be so close to Him right now. I am constantly thinking of ways I can improve my running. What if I constantly thought of ways to build my relationship with the one who is making all of this possible? Something to pray about.

1 comments:

Carolyn said...

hey bets--- good job! Burke and I were running the other day ....It seems like with your time you are faster than me.....he said he was running so slow with me that his knees hurt! ......ouch.....I guess I am getting to be an old man.....I am running a 1/2 at the end of sept thought...come hell or high water......we need to do a run as a family....well, at least start together ! HA! glad you are home with your kids.....that makes me happy .....b

God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6